Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Altec A7 Price

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Re: Altec A7 Price

    Very nice. I'd wager that installation was supervised if not engineered by an Altec installer or very respectable hifi dealer. I bet they play that room well just as they are.
    Not all vegetables make good leaders.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Altec A7 Price


    Phil-G's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 1st, 2013
    Location
    restaurant at the end of the universe
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

    Re: Altec A7 Price

    the price you pay for waf
    well now I have to move.
    Last edited by Phil-G; October 28th, 2013 at 02:30 PM.
    Sonic Barbarian

  3. #3
    Hostboard Member tinpan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2011
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Altec A7 Price

    Hello all. I have two A7's and was wondering what they are worth. They are in very good condition
    I'd have to say priceless. That is a system many folks would LOVE to have. All you need is a decent amp and a CD player to get started.

    You can buy a used OPPO DV-980H on Audiogon for $100. It will let you play CDs and SACDs and the built in DAC will sound great. If you like how that sounds then you can buy a DAC and start ripping your CDs to a laptop and playing and building your music library that way.

    You don't want or need a lot of power for those speakers. I use a 300b tube amp on mine and my speakers rarely see 1 or 2 watts.

    The key to building a great audio system is having nice speakers. I doesn't get any better than what you have. You can start small and if you like what you are hearing then you can build your system from there as your budget will allow.

  4. #4
    HB Super Moderator
    Altec A7 Price


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: Altec A7 Price

    IMHO the HF horn is way to high with no way to adjust the angle.You may want to take them out and flip them upside down so that the horn is closer to ear level.. They will sound a whole lot better IMO.Any decent amp should suffice.If your hearing isn't what it use to be then just hook up a decent amp..They are very efficient so you won't need a lot of watts either.

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member rontec's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 20th, 2009
    Posts
    134
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Altec A7 Price

    "...mounted in the wall"! I'll say... and a couple of feet into the ajoining room or closet. Unless it's a false wall, must have rear access. I agree....equalizer a must! Cool.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.